Members in the Lord's Work

 Saludos a todos!!!


This email forgot to get sent out 2 weeks ago lol but her yall go.

We had an awesome past couple of weeks here in Menlo Park. I have been here now about a total of 7 and half months and transfers are this upcoming week so I belief I most very likely will be out which will be tough but trying to make the most and get the most done in this area to leave it off strong. 

We have really kicked it off with some awesome new people that we are teaching and there have been some awesome miracles from it. From this past Wednesday we had zone conference going on up till 5:30 with a lesson every 30 min after so it was a super busy day. When we got to our 7:45 apt at the church that was with some of our friends, that are members Jose and Talache were bringing, they told us they weren't gonna get there till 8:15 and we had a lesson up in redwood city at 8:30. So we then decided to ask one of our other member friends hno Zárate who was already there for the lesson to see if he didn't mind teaching with Jose and Talache the plan of salvation to our friends. He was the sunday school teacher as well so we knew he'd probably be comfortable with it and first thing he tells us his ya where can I get a room with a chalkboard haha so then we rushed off to our 8:30 apt a little after they all arrived. After we finished our 8:30 apt around 9:30 we decided will head back to the church just somehow in case there still there. We also joked on the way there "Man imagine there still there and hno zárate just covered the whole board with the plan of salvation and there sitting there in awe." Well to our shock we pulled up, walked in and that was exactly what was happening haha. He even had wrote stuff on there about endowments and marriage sealing which I was a bit nervous but our friends loved the whole thing. But that was a crazy miracle to see really the impact members can make in the work as well the example of guys like Hermano Zárate and Jose who truly put God and His will and time first more than anyone else I know. True Dispciples of Jesus Christ and absolute dawgs.

At the moment though those guys from that lesson Heber and Nelson, and our friend Juan Daniel are all on date in November so plzzz pray for them.

Also General Conference happened not too long ago and there was a talk that will impacted the way I do missionary work as well answered a lot of questions and needs for me and my friends we're teaching. This quote from Hugo Montoya says,
"Circumstances change.
When circumstances change from good and positive to bad and negative, we can still be happy because happiness does not depend on the circumstances but on our attitude toward the circumstances. President Nelson said, “The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives.”

Our attitude is everything. I know that if we make the focus of our lives on the Savior Jesus Christ, we will find true joy that world can't offer. I love doing the Lord's work and it has great blessed my life and filled with Christ pure love and joy. However I've now seen how I can increase that joy when bad circumstances and struggles arise by seeing them more as blessings to guide me and change me to become like my Savior Jesus Christ as I make Him the focus of my attitude. I wanna invite you all to look at the struggles you currently face and how you can see them as blessings by putting on an eternal perspective and making Christ the center focus. 

I love you all and I know Jesus Christ lives!

Love, 
Elder Plumb












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Weeks In, 2 To Go

Divine Potential

Embrace The Suck